In case you wanted to use some of the fantastic tools over at Gedmatch, you might want to download your raw DNA from Ancestry. This is a quick walkthrough. For some reason my sound wasn’t working so the steps are outlined below.
Directions for downloading your DNA Test Results from Ancestry
- Login to Ancestry
- Go to your DNA summary page (it’s the fourth link in the top menu)
- Click on the Settings icon (found in the top right of the page)
- Scroll all the way to the end of the page to “Actions”
- Click on “Download Raw DNA Data”
- Enter Password and check the box about safety
- Click Confirm
An email will be sent to you with the link to download.